WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information such as names, addresses, contact details, date of birth, occupations, nature of relationship to our client, evidence of source of funds (in some cases) and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information to:
- supply and market our legal services to you
- engage third parties on your behalf
- comply with different legal obligations such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009
- administer our general business, accounting, recordkeeping and legal functions
WHO DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM?
We collect personal information from you and other sources such as third parties acting on your authority or who you authorise us to make contact with and from publicly available websites.
DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may choose not to provide your personal information. However if you do not agree to provide information to us we may be unable to satisfy anti-money laundering rules and legally prevented from acting from you. Alternatively your choice not to provide personal information may affect our ability to deliver effective legal services to you.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a third party to verify against government databases as part of electronic verification of your identity and address
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services
- other parties involved in the matters for which you have engaged us
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities
- others for whom you authorise disclosure
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access your personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. To access and/or correct your personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
CONTACT DETAILS OF BLACKWELLS
The contact details of Blackwells, as the person collecting and holding your personal information, are:
- Physical: Level 3, 187 Broadway, Newmarket, Auckland 1023
- Post: P O Box 9325, Newmarket, Auckland 1149
- Phone: +649 5222 402
- Email: email@example.com
Enquiries regarding privacy issues should be directed to our Privacy Officer.